Vintage Valle Music returns to Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church for an 8th big summer of community music! Come join us in the summer months of June, July, and August, on the 3rd Sunday of each month, from 4 – 6 p.m. Admission is free.
Entertainment is from 4 to 6 p.m. Held indoors, concerts are informal. Admission is FREE! Each month we feature a local need with suggestions of items to add to that month’s drive. In August we are collecting classroom supplies for our community schools. Suggested donations include paper towels, facial tissues, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, adhesive bandages, zipper-lock bags, cups, plates, and napkins.
Back for their 7th year, by popular demand, favorites Folk & Dagger join us for our final show of the summer, offering our community an opportunity to enjoy their hybrid fusion of folk and popular culture songs, hidden gems they’ve discovered, and beautiful, soulful originals penned by Doris Bazzini Crothers.
The Moravian Band w/Emcee Jinx Miller
And, what says a summer afternoon more than The Moravian Brass Band who brings us a blend of familiar, traditional, and classical tunes reminiscent of days gone by? Directed by Michael Salley, this homage group will transport avid listeners to the sounds of Old Salem celebrations and processionals.
The busy afternoon and our summer season of music close with The Threshold Singers, who graciously share their joyful choral music with our community. Offering a nostalgic collection of old-time standards, patriotic favorites, and gospel classics, this all-volunteer, just-for-the-love-of-music singers will have the audiences singing along in the unique joy of music shared with your neighbor.
Each month we feature a local need with suggestions of items to add to that month’s drive. In August we are collecting classroom supplies for our community schools.
- paper towels
- facial tissues
- disinfectant wipes
- hand sanitizer
- adhesive bandages
- zipper-lock bags
- cups, plates, and napkins
Come as you are, stay all afternoon or just sit a spell and enjoy the gift of music our neighbors bring to the “back porch” of Baird’s Creek. Music is an eclectic mix of bluegrass, folk, gospel, country, patriotic, pop, jazz, old-time and new, familiar and original – whatever our artists feel led to share. Come and join us. There’ll be no preaching, nor passing the hat, just good-time entertainment and neighborly visits.
If you’re interested in several of the artists who participate in Vintage Valle Music, please feel free to check out their music below!
- Learn more about ReVonda Crow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/revondacrowstoryteller/
- The Burnett Sisters Band at https://www.facebook.com/theburnettsistersband/
- Folk & Dagger on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/folkanddagger?fref=ts
- The Dollar Brothers have a website, http://www.thedollarbrothers.com/, and a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dollar-Brothers/411703268866184?fref=ts
- Check out the Sound Traveler at http://www.soundtravelerband.com/ and at their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/soundtravelerband/
- For info and pictures of previous music, Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BairdsCreekPresbyterianChurch and a website at https://bairdscreekpres.org/vintage-valle-music/
Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church is located at 2147 N.C. Hwy 194 S, Vilas NC 28692, just 2 miles north of The Original Mast General Store, in Valle Crucis.