Founded in 1939
Welcome to Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church, a small community church west of Boone in a beautiful mountain setting.
We encourage you to come, visit and worship with us at 9 a.m. every Sunday.
Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church was established on November 12, 1939.
Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church has suspended all activities in the church’s building until conditions warrant.
From: Denise Presnell <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: Resource list (3/25/2020)Date: March 25, 2020 at 3:11:28 PM EDTWe encourage anyone who wishes to help with food, financial donations, or volunteering to contact Health and Hunger Coalition, Hospitality House, Greenway Baptist Church Food Pantry, or Casting Bread Food Pantry through Faithbridge United Methodist Church.Also, please consider supporting Rumple Memorial in Blowing Rock. They are providing over 70 food boxes per week to three schools alone, then countless more to other churches, groups, and individuals. Email: email@example.com
If you wish to help in other ways, you may email Denise Presnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free diaper bank on Wednesdays from 8:30-4:30. For Watauga County residents, they will have diapers, wipes, and formula.
School Take and Go Meals
- Lunch and a packed breakfast for the next day will be served at Bethel, Mabel, Green Valley, Valle Crucis, and Watauga High schools from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each of the days that schools are closed for students.
- Dinner and breakfast for the next day will be served at Hardin Park School and Brushy Fork Baptist Church, located at 3915 Highway 421 North in Vilas, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. each of the days school is closed for students.All children under the age of 18 may get free meals at these sites regardless of where they live or attend school in Watauga County. Meals will be similar to what students receive from a normal school lunch/breakfast and will include items like sandwiches, vegetables and salads along with milk fruit and juice.
- Blowing Rock C.A.R.E.S., Rumple Memorial, 1218 Main St., Blowing Rock, NC Food Pantry: Mondays 9 am – 12 noon., Fridays 4-6 pm
- Boone United Methodist Church: To-go meals and food boxes. Thursdays, 5:00-6:30 pm.
- Casting Bread (Faithbridge, 194 Aho Rd., Blowing Rock, NC 28605): Hot lunch. To-go boxes. Wednesdays and Thursdays 11 am – 1pm. Can come every day. Food Pantry: Thursdays, 10:30 am – 3 pm. Drive-thru. Families can get food boxes twice a month.
- FARM Cafe: Grab and go meals – for anyone, adults or children – 11 am to 2 pm, Monday – Friday. Donations accepted.
- Greenway Baptist Church, 880 Greenway Rd., Boone NC: Food boxes. Open Thursday 10 am – 2:30 pm.
- Health and Hunger Coalition: Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 4:30 pm. Curb-side service. Fresh produce and other perishables and to-go meals once a week. Families can get food boxes twice a month.
- Hospitality House: Meals served three times a day (6:30-8:30 am, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, 5:30-6:30 pm). Food pantry is open 7 days a week (9 am – 11 am and 1 pm – 4 pm). May pick up twice a month .
- Western Watauga Food Outreach: Our regular Thursdays 4-6 pm food bag distribution is moving from Community Center to Henson’s Chapel UMC located at 120 Henson Hollar Rd, Vilas, NC 28692. As a precautionary measure, we will be distributing only as a drive-through. Enter in the drive of the house next to the church and circle around to the back of the church. Weekly bags are available as long as we can during the virus. Hot meal dinners have been discontinued until further notice.In addition to the list of community resources and the grab and go meals and dinners provided by Watauga County Schools, community faith partners, businesses, and others will be handing out food boxes at the locations listed below. ***These are first-come, first-serve with limited supplies. Changes may happen without notice due to availability and other government restrictions.List of Additional Churches and Schools for Pick-Up Locations
Name of Church Address Times and Days of service Boone UMC 471 New Market Blvd, Boone, NC 28607 Hot meals to go and Food boxes Thursdays, 5-6:30 pm First Presbyterian Church 131 Big Valley St, Boone, NC 28607 Food boxesSaturdays, 11 am – 1 pm Hardin Park School(behind the building, from the bus lot) 361 Jefferson Rd., Boone NC Food boxesThursdays, 1-3 pmTo go dinner and breakfast for the next day, Mon.-Fri., 4-6 pm High Country United Church of Christ 8235 U.S. Hwy 421 N, Vilas, NC 28692 Food boxesSaturdays 10:30am-1pm Mondays 5:15pm-7pm Mount Vernon Baptist Church 3505 Bamboo Rd, Boone, NC 28607 Food boxes Tuesdays 4-5:30 Parkway Elementary School 160 Parkway School Dr, Boone, NC 28607 Food boxes Tuesdays, 1-3 pm theHeart 191 Howard Street, Boone NC 28607 Food boxes Wednesdays 1-4pm The Rock 215 Boone Heights Dr #301, Boone, NC 28607(entrance between Mint and Skyline National Bank) Food boxesWednesday & Sundays 5-7 pm Valle Crucis School 2998 Broadstone Rd.Sugar Grove, NC 28679 To-go mealsMon. – Fri., 11 am – 1 pmFood boxesWednesdays 11 am – 1 pm Watauga High School(behind the building at the cafeteria doors) 300 Go Pioneers Dr.Boone, NC 28607 To-go lunches and breakfast for the next day.Mon.-Fri., 11 am – 1 pmWatauga County Schools teachers and staff will be making contact with students and families through phone calls and emails. However, if you have an unmet food need, please email the contact for your school listed below.School point of contact people:Bethel – Megan Langdon, email@example.comBlowing Rock – Heather Holbrook, firstname.lastname@example.orgCove Creek – Mary Smalling, email@example.comGreen Valley – Heather Holbrook, firstname.lastname@example.orgHardin Park – Denise Presnell, email@example.comMabel – Megan Langdon, firstname.lastname@example.orgParkway – Megan Langdon, email@example.comValle Crucis – Bonnie Smith, firstname.lastname@example.orgWHS – Jennifer Wandler, email@example.com
Note: All email correspondence to and from this address is subject to public review under the North Carolina public records law. As a result, messages may be monitored by and disclosed to third parties.
In compliance with federal law, Watauga County Schools administers all education programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.