Vintage Valle Music returns to Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church for an 8th big summer of community music! Come join us in the summer months of June, July, and August, on the 3rd Sunday of each month, from 4 – 6 p.m. Admission is free.
Entertainment is from 4 to 6 p.m. Held indoors, concerts are informal. Admission is FREE! Each month we feature a local need with suggestions of items to add to that month’s drive. In July our giving focus is the Seby B Jones Regional Cancer Center.
Dates for Summer 2019 and artists already scheduled are listed below.
July 21, 2019: The Dollar Brothers
July 21: July’s program opens with the exciting classic bluegrass and gospel music of The Dollar Brothers who love to share the gift of their music with our neighbors.
Vocalist Sarah McGuire, accompanied by her father, Mark McGuire, will appear at Vintage Valle Music only in July this year. Sarah writes much of her own material and selects her music from a wide range of musical genres. We close the July show with the soul-touching, toe-tapping, rafter-rattling music of The Junaluska Gospel Choir, a Boone institution of sophisticated singing talent in the black gospel tradition.
Each month we feature a local need with suggestions of items to add to that month’s drive. In July, we are collecting items suggested by Seby B Jones Regional Cancer Center staff to include in a Care Kit to give to chemo patients when they start their treatment. Your contribution will help us meet that goal and will be greatly appreciated.
• Hand Lotion – 3oz or smaller
• Hand Sanitize – 3oz or smaller
• Sugarless Gum – in sealed packs
• Tissues/Kleenex – pocket size
• Pill Organizers (Monday-Sunday)
• Small Word Puzzle Books with a pen
• Small Number Puzzles with a pen
• Small Adult Coloring Books with a set of colored pencils
• Emory Boards
• Small Nail Clippers
August 18, 2019: Folk & Dagger
August 18: Local favorites Folk & Dagger join us for our final show, offering our community an opportunity to enjoy their mix of nostalgic folk and popular culture songs, hidden gems they’ve discovered, and beautiful originals penned by Doris Bazzini. Again this year, our audience is in for a treat – the opportunity to sing along with well-known and much-loved favorites offered by The Threshold Singers, a volunteer choir of local folks who just like to get together to sing and play instruments suitable for their moods and their talents. And, finally, in the time-honored tradition of summer celebrations, The Moravian Brass Band, led by Michael Salley, closes our summer with familiar and traditional instrumentals mixed with a touch of classical, reminiscent of days gone by.
—— 0 ——
Come as you are, stay all afternoon or just sit a spell and enjoy the gift of music our neighbors bring to the “back porch” of Baird’s Creek. Music is an eclectic mix of bluegrass, folk, gospel, country, patriotic, pop, jazz, old-time and new, familiar and original – whatever our artists feel led to share. Come and join us. There’ll be no preaching, nor passing the hat, just good-time entertainment and neighborly visits.
Entertainment is from 4 to 6 p.m. Held indoors, concerts are informal. Admission is FREE! Each month we feature a local need with suggestions of items to add to that month’s drive.
If you’re interested in several of the artists who participate in Vintage Valle Music, please feel free to check out their music below!
- Learn more about ReVonda Crow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/revondacrowstoryteller/
- The Burnett Sisters Band at https://www.facebook.com/theburnettsistersband/
- Folk & Dagger on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/folkanddagger?fref=ts
- The Dollar Brothers have a website, http://www.thedollarbrothers.com/, and a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dollar-Brothers/411703268866184?fref=ts
- Check out the Sound Traveler at http://www.soundtravelerband.com/ and at their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/soundtravelerband/
- For info and pictures of previous music, Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BairdsCreekPresbyterianChurch and a website at https://bairdscreekpres.org/vintage-valle-music/
Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church is located at 2147 N.C. Hwy 194 S, Vilas NC 28692, just 2 miles north of The Original Mast General Store, in Valle Crucis.