Vintage Valle Music is held on the 3rd Sundays of May, June, July and August each year. Concerts are free, but if you would like to share with our community, we will be collecting a few items that will be listed below with each month. Tipping the bands is always welcome!
- JUN 18: June brings an exciting new act, the multi-talented Sound Traveler. This duo entertains audiences up and down the east coast with their unique blend of popular American and folk music, along with a generous sprinkling of lively tales to enthrall audiences of all ages and interests. Back again this year, are The Burnett Sisters. These talented shooting stars are wowing audiences, winning awards and accolades near and far with their traditional string music and beautiful harmonies. And, dropping in for a neighborly visit is the Reverend Percival Weeblemeyer. He’s bound to share some of the latest escapades from folks in his congregation, the Fort Lonesome Presbyterian Church, in good ol’ Lithia, Florida. We’re collecting new undies, socks, and plain tee shirts for our elementary schools’ emergency supplies; please share if you can.
- JUL 16: Popular favorites Folk & Dagger join us in July, offering our community an opportunity to enjoy their mix of nostalgic folk and popular culture songs, hidden gems they’ve discovered, and beautiful originals penned by Doris Bazzini. And, speaking of gems, we are honored to have champion Scottish fiddler and violinist Maura Shawn share her spellbinding talents with us while on a rare visit back home in the High Country. We’ll send you home filled with the soul-touching, toe-tapping, rafter-rattling music of The Junaluska Gospel Choir!
- AUG 20: Back to lift our souls and put a song in our hearts, The Threshold Singers will share their joyful choral music with our community on the final bill – they wowed us last year! We close this summer’s Vintage Valle Music with one of the high country’s most popular bluegrass bands, Amantha Mill. What better way to plan for next year than remembering this signature sound of our Western Watauga community?
If you’re interested in several of the artists, then please feel free to check out their music below!
- Learn more about Folk & Dagger on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/folkanddagger?fref=ts
- The Dollar Brothers have a website, http://www.thedollarbrothers.com/, and a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dollar-Brothers/411703268866184?fref=ts
- Check out the Sound Travelers at http://www.soundtravelerband.com/ and at their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/soundtravelerband/
- You’ll learn more about Amantha Mill at http://www.amanthamill.com/
- For info and pictures of previous music, Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BairdsCreekPresbyterianChurch and a website at https://bairdscreekpres.org/vintage-valle-music/
Baird’s Creek Presbyterian Church is located at 2147 N.C. Hwy 194 S, Vilas NC 28692, just 2 miles north of The Original Mast General Store, in Valle Crucis. The music will be happening between 4-6pm. So come on by!